Sunday, October 23, 2022
Playoffs Round of 8 – Race 1
Dash For Cash: Qualifying Race for all drivers not in the playoffs or eliminated during the Round of 12. Top four finishers among this group will be eligible for a $10 cash prize next week.
- Server Settings:
- Maximum 43 cars in server. Admission to server is first come, first serve.
- Realistic Weather and Dynamic Sky will be used.
- Generated track state at start of practice, and will carry over into each session. Marbles and dust will not be cleaned.
- Fixed setup: darlington
- Sim time at server open: 2022-10-23 16:30 1x. All sessions will advance in real time.
- Open Practice: 7:30 pm Eastern
- 45 minutes
- Qualifying: 8:15 pm Eastern
- 1 lap, 5 minutes
- Warmup: 8:20 pm Eastern
- 10 minutes.
- We will have two organized pit parties at the beginning of the session to practice restarts and green flag pit stops in a group.
- Race: 8:30 pm Eastern
- 147 laps or 100 minutes
- Stage Break scheduled at end of Lap 45
- 4 extra sets of tires in the pits
- 100% fuel tank size
- Admin adjustments to the caution length may be used to prevent the cautions from being too long. At a minimum, the pits will be open two laps to allow all cars to pit. Any lapped drivers who require repairs are recommended to pit with the leaders and take the end-of-line penalty for pitting early.
- Some drivers may be serving penalties from the prior Elite Series race. Refer to penalty report posted in the ASL Discord Group (#drivers-meeting channel).
- Drivers are able to take provisional points one time during the playoffs. If unable to make the race, please notify Jeff Yenisch via Discord, Facebook or iRacing message no later than 8:30 pm Eastern on race day to claim provisional points.
We ask all drivers to be in the Discord server before Qualifying begins. Trackside Racing Network may pull in drivers for interviews under yellow flag or after the race. Most importantly, the top three finishers will be interviewed immediately after the race.